Department II Building and Housing
Mgt.: LBD Dr. Robert Kaltenbrunner
Office management: Julia Behr, phone +49 228 99401-2501, email@example.com
Department II works at the interface between policy, research and practice and provides technically based policy advice in the areas of building, housing and architecture.
In one of the first columns, a separate group, "Housing" provides policymakers with analyses and reports in the housing and property market, housing industry, costs reductions and housing benefit areas. It regularly produces housing forecasts and deals with relevant departmental research topics.
In a second column, Department II works on questions of principle relating to building, energy saving, "Sustainable building" and construction industry problems. It draws up technical guidelines for federally-owned buildings and optimises their overall energy efficiency. It also manages the relevant departmental research projects or carries them out itself.
Department II also performs administrative and procedural tasks for the Ministry's relevant subject areas - including representing the department in national and international committees - as well as organising events and publishing results and opinions.
The group "Housing" comprises three departments; the tasks relating to "Construction" are performed in six departments. All nine organisational units have been set up as centres of technical responsibility and competence. The current focuses and projects are determined in an annual working programme in consultation with the BMI.
- Division II 11: General Housing and Property Markets
- Division II 12: Housing and Society, Social Security
- Division II 13: Housing and Property Industry
- Division II 2: Energy Saving, Climate Protection
- Division II 3: Research in Building and Construction
- Division II 4: Building, Construction Industry, GAEB
- Division II 5: Sustainable Building
- Division II 6: Construction and Environment
- Division II 7: Energy-Optimized Building