Metropolitan areas in Europe
Abstract of a new BBSR study
BBSRBBSR-Berichte KOMPAKT7/2010Bonn, July 2010
This "Berichte KOMPAKT" issue presents the results of a new BBSR study dealing with the European territory. According to a new, theoretically substantiated principle, the spatial distribution of metropolitan functions in Europe will be measured according to standardised criteria and coherent metropolitan areas will be defined and characterised.
Dr. Karl Peter Schön
- out of print
- Selecting functional areas
- Selecting indicators
- Indexing and weighting
- Functional area "politics"
- Functional area "economy"
- Functional area "science"
- Functional area "transport"
- Functional area "culture"
- Locations of metropolitan functions in Europe
- Regional density of metropolitan functions
- Defining metropolitan areas
- Demographical and economic importance of metropolitan areas
- Functional importance of metropolitan areas
- Classifying metropolitan areas
- Metropolitan areas in Germany
Metropolräume in Europa. Kurzfassung einer neuen Studie des BBSR. BBSR-Berichte KOMPAKT 4/2010
>> further information